Monday, January 12, 2009

Anna's Big Bari

Allo there! I'm Anna. This is me with my amazing bari sax. :) Yes, its almost as big as me but that's quite alright.

It has been a crazy band year. State champions (woo!) and now the Inaugural Parade (woo woo!). Practice for the parade has definitely been more challenging. We have been marching for roundly 40 minutes (the length of the parade) straight every day for about a week as well as having two all day camps before that. Of course its all necessary if we want to look good. We're the Pride of Windsor band now, so looking good is a must.

As my good friend Larissa would say, "Bari Power!"

[Anna, a senior, played the alto sax, a much smaller instrument, in previous years in MB. But she wanted to help give the band a "bigger sound" and did weight training to get conditioned enough to do jazz runs while playing this beastie. -- Editor]

1 comment: