Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hailey: The Glissando Girls

Okay, it's my turn, Hailey Mayle, to write about this year's never-ending season. I can't even begin to say just how exciting and enjoyable it's been. This picture is of me and my two partners in crime at the Colorado State 3A Marching Band Championships. We worked extremely hard to get down every note and rhythm just as precisely as was possible. I'm sure we spent at least a couple of hours (probably more) working to get the huge run down perfectly. At state, it felt so good to nail that run - we played it beautifully together. At the Arapahoe Invitational, it was really humorous because that was the first time that we'd ever played it exactly right, and the parents said that that was the best part of watching us play. Mrs. Claeys even said she could see my smile from the top of the stadium. For everyone in the band, I'm so proud of each of you, and especially us Glissando Girls, as Denise likes to call us. We made Mr. Drase and all the other parents and instructors very proud that day that we won State for the first time in 17 years - and now for us to be going to the Inauguration Parade... I can't express just how much joy I feel. For Mr. Drase, Shilo and Kyle, thank you a million times for helping us all improve our talent. I sure hope this is a year you will never forget and I am really glad that you are our instructors.
[The amazingly awesome Glissando Girls (left to right) are Jasmine Aas, Hailey Mayle, and Savanah Jaska. -- Editor]

2 comments:

  1. Hi! We wanted to congratulate you all on your accomplishment! We have made a donation to your band for your trip. We are proud to have you represent the state of CO, and the bands in our division, in DC! Best of luck and have fun!

    Montezuma-Cortez High School Marching Panthers and Band Boosters, Cortez, Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Montezuma-Cortez! We are honored by your graciousness and your gift! Go Marching Panthers!!!

    ReplyDelete