Friday, January 23, 2009

Rachelle: United we Stand.

It's my senior year, and I must say it has been like a dream. Our band has achieved unbelievable things this year from taking the State Championship title to being selected for the Inaugural Parade, to getting record numbers of students into Nortern League Honor Band and All-State. And what is the secret to our success? Our band stands united, and everyone is focused on a common goal and the vision of excellence and pride laid out by the directors and staff. Our band can do anything, overcome any obstacle, and reach any height because despite our differences, we stand together. We're in this together and I take comfort in knowing that 100 or so band members, staff, directors and parents all have my back. And not only do we have each other, but we have the community of Windsor supporting us. We are immeasurably grateful; we couldn't have made it to Washington DC without our town.

So I was asked to write this blog not only to reflect on the year a little but also on the banquet we had the night before the Inaugural Parade. We all dressed up tht night and everyone looked abosolutely beautiful. We enjoyed an amazing gourmet chicken dinner, and we all just spent the evening relaxing and reveling in comradery. That night we also voted on different awards, one of which I received (section leader). I'm honored, and I'd expecially like to thank my section of saxophones: BJ, Christian, Neal, Alex, Michael, Joel, Connor, Geoff, and Anna. You guys are an absolutely fantastic group of individuals. I appreciate you so much.

To the whole band staff: I love you all, I have you in my heart, and it has been an honor.
[Rachelle was not only voted "Exemplary Section Leader" by the saxaphone players but also received the Director's Award by Matt Drase and Melissa Claeys for her accomplishments and contributions to the band in general. In her junior year, she also was a drum major.]

No comments:

Post a Comment