Monday, January 19, 2009

Evan, Kyle and Betsy Markey


(January 20 approximately 11 AM) Heyyyyyyyy, family and all! That's me, Evan. Yes, my smile is kinda goofy. Today we went around and toured all of the memorials and monuments after getting up at the insane, ridiculous hour of 4:00 ( I got up at 4:30). It was sobering to think about all of the tragedies that were experienced in the Korean and Vietnam Wars... that's my tidbit of the day.















(Evan on the right here) She liked my shirt. Betsy Markey, one of Colorado's representatives, liked my Leonardo shirt. What a nice lady!

Hi this is Kyle and I am to the left of Betsy Markey!!! (on her right side). It was really awesome to meet Betsy Markey. She was really interesting and unbelievably polite. I look forward to future visits and conversations with her and the other Colorado representatives...... I also would like to thank my mom, aunt andy, and all of the other people who helped me get here!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud that all of you got to make this trip and dream come true. Please know that there are many Coloradoans who don't know you personally, but are very proud of you - even if we couldn't donate as much as we would have like to. Way to go WHS!

    ReplyDelete